Friday, April 22, 2011

Lest We Forget.

A few years back, this was the theme of the Easter conference in my church, 'Lest We Forget'.

The theme came from a song entitled "Lest I Forget", and the chorus went something like this:

Lest I forget Gethsemane,
Lest I forget Thy agony,
Lest I forget Thy love for me,
Lead me to Calvary.

It's so easy to forget. We're so used to hearing it over and over again, we become complacent and never truly remember the weight of such a sacrifice.

The Son of God Himself, came down as a man, and gave His life up for us sinners. He didn't have to, but He did it because He loved us so much. Not just today, because it's Good Friday, but every day of our lives, every moment we have breath.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but He lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Are we living for Jesus?
Do we remember what He did for us and what it means?
Or is it just the same old story?


Romans 5:6-8

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment