Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hanging In There

Its been a long time since anyone has updated this blog, and I can't help but feel guilty. I'm sure we all have our reasons since everyone has their own real life in the world and everyone , myself included can't help but to go with the flow and indulge in whatever new experiences that life has to offer. It's not a bad thing , in fact.. it's practically IDEAL. The Lord GOD made the world for a purpose and it's to enjoy it . GOD also made it to show how much he loves us and caters for our needs. He gave us resources(animals, plants, fruits,etc) and a sound mind to utilize it.
           However, we tend to stray away from God for numerous reasons, and when the going gets tough, we forget how much and how involved God our Father is in our lives. I'm not saying I'm perfect , but this is the reality. I personally felt and do believe that I have strayed away from God. At times I feel so lost I don't even feel satisfaction. I let myself drown in greed and obsession and literally let God completely out of the picture of my Life. Things were tough, but what makes it worse, I thought I was fine.
           I know its cliche and all, but I like to share my experience from my recent exam. It was a finals paper and I personally thought my preparation was solid. However, as if it was a slap in the face, I had the worst exam in my young life. I was practically CLUELESS as to what I was reading, what I was writing, what I was THINKING. For the first time in my life , I wanted to weep during a paper. Heart beating so fast I just wanted to give up. I left the hall with my will shattered into pieces. What makes things worse is, I had another paper to face the next day. In the night, I felt so devastated, just wanting to give up. Then I saw a poem I posted on my wall , as well as the Cross of Jesus right next to it. I stopped . Took my time. Went into meditation and prayer. I told myself, God is still here. Its not over yet... I CAN STILL DO THIS. With a new mindset and soul refueled by God. I tried again, when I fell asleep I swear I heard someone waking me up. Thing is, I live in a single room and my door was locked. Without a doubt I knew God was pushing me. He's telling me 'I AM HERE' . I pushed through the remaining exams with God's grace I passed better than I ever thought.
           So my message here, KEEP HANGING ON , God will never leave you no matter how 'invisible' he is.
             "Be STRONG and of GOOD COURAGE, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your GOD,He is the One who goes with you. HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU nor FORSAKE YOU" - Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment