Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thinking beyond the box

First things first, I suggest reading Genesis 50:15-21
Reading through these verses you'll see that the brothers of Joseph son of Jacob(or Israel) are trying to seek forgiveness from their brother who they sold to Egyptian Slave Traders(well something close to that, forgot the real occupation)
            If I was Joseph I would have lashed out to my brothers saying ' get away men! You sold me when i was young!? No way la i forgive u!' but.. Luckily I'm not =p huhu. Nonsense aside, Joseph believed differently and acted righteously, he chose to forgive them explained that their actions (although with ill-intent) was actually an act allowed by God to save many people in the world from a severe 7 year famine! Praise be to God!
             If Joseph didn't endure all those years of prison and pain away from family, if he thought only of his happiness , humanity could have gone close to extinction at that time.
So my advice , no matter how hard you think your life is, remember how Joseph handled it, and remember most of all to think, WWJD(what would Jesus Do?)
Genesis 50:20-21
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about many people should be kept alive, as they are today. So do not fear, I will provide for you and your little ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment